a new arrival (open)

Go down

a new arrival (open)

Post  Alexandra Ghostly on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:53 pm

Alexandra was standing in front of the gates of the Phantom Academy. She was holding the letter she had gotten in her hands, reading it for the 10th time. She already knew what was standing on the piece of paper, but she still could not believe it. It had also scared her a little bit. But she knew she would be much more scared if another name was standing in the first line. Her eyes moved from line to line, which were as followed:

Dear Alexandra Wolfar,

Make sure you read this alone. Anyone might be watching.
Make sure you can't see, hear or feel a thing that might be extraordinary or unnatural.

The truth is, you have not been accepted at Phentome Academy. You have been accepted at Phantom Academy.

Though we weren't lying about the age and backgrounds of students here. We have people centuries old, some humans, phoenix-people and many other hybrids.
Not everyone here at Phantom Academy are friendly and nice. Some are bullies, others are possibly spies for a secret ghost organization that we are yet to receive more intelligence of.
We go on many outings hunting for stray ghosts and phantoms, searching for the evil organization, or even just training. The classes are tough and grueling, yet rewarding and fun.
We have many rival schools and often fight and argue with them. We don't believe in their ways.

Don't think if your dead or died before school or during school you can shirk work! You are still required to come to school!
-Lilac Woods, thirteen year old dead Principal of Phantom Academy.

Alexandra had no idea if they really knew what she was. She also feared herself what could happen if they knew. Even if it really seemed that the principal was a ghost, she could not be really sure about that. Also the last line was somehow strange. It sounded to her more like a joke than anything else. But she knew that this was not a joke. She has died once, and she would not like to be in an trap now and being killed a second time. Alexandra shook her head, trying to get away those thoughts. She only had to control her basic powers very quickly and hide them till she had managed that. Like she had done when she was with her parents.

Her parents had known that something was different about her daughter. In the last month, she had changed, but they could not really tell what it was. But then they got the massage of Phentome Academy, which was in reality Phantom Academy. They were really glad that Alexandra had been excepted to that school. They thought when their daughter was away from them for some time, everything would be ok again. They could not know that nothing was going to be ok again. They even did not knew that their daughter had a new name now, Alexandra Ghostly. They were only happy, and so Alexandra came to this new school.

She was leaning against the wall next to the gates. Like it had happened sometimes before, she got intangible. Her shoulder disappeared into the wall. But Alexandra found that out really fast. With an fast movement, she was out of the wall again, looking around if anybody had seen her. She wanted to be careful, because she really did not knew if she was safe as an half-ghost at an school where they train ghost-hunters. She walked to the gates, waiting what would happen.
Alexandra Ghostly

Back to top Go down

Re: a new arrival (open)

Post  Lacey Grey on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:31 am

Lacey was sitting on the stone wall that connected to the wrought iron gate of Phantom Academy. She had been here no more than two days and was already bored. Hardly anyone had noticed the pure black cat prowling around the grounds and through the hallways. Acctually, not many people had been in the hallways. Lacey had soon become bored, and had come outside for some fresh air. She had chased a few birds around, climbed a tree, and finally she ended up here, on the wall. Lacey licked her paw and then flicked her ears towards a sound down the road. She froze and watched the road until a girl appeared. The girl walked towards the gate and then stopped and read a letter. Lacey go up and walked on the top of the wall towards the gate so she could see the letter that the girl was reading. She saw the words 'Dear Alexandra Wolfar, Make sure you read this alone' and immediately knew what it was. She almost changed back and told the girl she wasn't doing a good job reading the letter alone, but decided not to. 

Lacey stood completely still and watched the girl as she leaned against the wall. Sudenley the girls shoulder disappeared into the wall. Lacey stood up abruptly. The girl made a jerky movement and her shoulder was out of the wall again. How interesting.....she must be a hybrid, Lacey thought, starring quizzically at the girl. 
Lacey Grey

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandra Ghostly on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:45 am

Alexandra looked around while she waited at the gates. Suddenly she looked at the top of the wall and saw an black cat. The girl smiled and streched out her hands. "Come here, dear cat. I will do you no harm.", she said to the animal. Alexandra would have never thought that this could be an werecat, because she knew nothing about hybrids. She would also never call herself hybrid. Then, she suddenly remembered that the cat could have seen her disappear in the wall. She had no exactly idea why she said the next words, but it made her feel save. "And what had happened a few moments ago will be our secret, ok?", she asked the cat. Then she showed the animal again to come to her. She wanted to feel the fur under her hands.

((sorry that it is so short, but i had no idea what else to post))
Alexandra Ghostly

Back to top Go down

Post  Lacey Grey on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:05 am

"Come here, dear cat. I will do you no harm." The girl said. Uh-uh. No freaking way, Lacey thought, staying put. The girl said something about what had just happened being their secret and then made the motion for her to come. Lacey grinned mischievously, this girl was in for a little surprise. She leapt down gracefully from the wall, and by the time she hit the ground she was in her human form, complete with clothes and of course, Converse. Lacey leaned up against the wall nonchalantly, as if she did that every day, which she did. "Sure." She said. Her deep green eyes had a mishcevious twinkle in them, but she would never tell the girl's, who according to the letter was named Alexandra, secret. She knew what it was like to hide what she was, the only person who knew she was a Werecat were the people at PA and her dad. "You're Alexandra Wolfar, correct?" She said, looking at the girl closely. "And don't worry, your secret is safe with me." Lacey promised, her void e firm and unwavering.

((Don't worry, same here.))
Lacey Grey

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandra Ghostly on Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:04 am

First Alexandra smiled when the cat finally decided to jump down from the wall. But when the animal changed into a human, she was really shocked. That there are more creatures than human was completely new for her, so she did not knew that this girl was a werecat. She looked at the girl with big eyes. They showed interest and fear. For a short moment they also changed from grey-green-brown to green. But as the girl ment that her secret was save, Alexandra trusted her somehow. But she looked around if that was really no trap and this catgirl had just called somebody to catch her. "Yeah, I am Alexandra. But not Wolfar, my new name is Ghostly. But I would be glad if you do not tell anybody.", she said to the girl. Slowly she streched out her hand. "And you are?", she asked.

Then she could not hide anymore that she was curious to find out more about this strange girl. "You can change into a cat? That is really cool. Do you have this ability since you are born or have you gained it later?", she asked. Alexandra knew that it could happen that this girl could also ask her questions. She wondered how others would think about her story. "How have you learned to control it?", she then asked further. That was only a question so that she could also control her basic powers.
Alexandra Ghostly

Back to top Go down

Post  Tien Spyridon on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:36 pm

Tien walked past, sniffing slightly. She smelled a ghost, and it wasn't Lilac. She saw a small cat sitting near a female student whom she hadn't met yet. The smell came from that direction.
Tien peered closer, using her Sight. The cat was not just a cat, but a human, too. It could only be Lacey. She walked towards them rapidly. She should greet the new student, at least, and then find out why she carried the essence of the grave with her. "Lacey!" she called as she came. "New friend?"
Tien Spyridon
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Lacey Grey on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:27 am

Lacey smiled at the girls shock. It had been the exact response she had been looking for. "Uh, sure. I will call you Alex" Lacey responded. The Alexandrea asked who she was. "I'm Lacey, Lacey Grey." Alex asked about her powers. "Um, yah it's cool, and really handy. Well, I was born with the gene, my dad didn't know, I don't know if my mom ever knew, I think she knew it was a possibility...but I wasn't able to change until I was about eleven....within a few months I got the hang of it, now I can switch back and forth easily, so yah, I guess you can say I can control it..." Lacey said, her face got a hardened look when she said something about her mom. She wish her mom could see her now.  "So do you know how to control your powers?" Lacey asked. 

Lacey jumped at her name. She had heard footsteps, but had ignored them as some student walking by. Lacey whirled around, to see Tien Spyridon, the assistant Headmistress walking up to she and Alex. "Uh, hello Miss Spyridon, um yes." She said, extremely startled by her appearance. Then Lacey remembered that the assistant headmistress had the gift of sight and could sense hybrids and smell the essence of the grave. She looked at Alexandra, wishing she could tell her that Spyridon would know something was different about her. 
Lacey Grey

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandra Ghostly on Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:50 am

Alexandra showed Lacey that it was ok for her when she was called Alex. Then she listened to the story of the girls power. It was really interesting. But she could tell there was something not like it should be when she talked about her mother. But Alexandra was wise enough not to ask what it was. "That is really cool.", she said, because she wanted to say something and had no idea what else she could say. Then Lacey asked her if she could control her powers. Alexandra shook her head. "No. I have d... I have my powers only for a month.", she said. It was difficult for her to talk about her death.

Suddenly, before she could say something else, she heared the name of Lacey. She was really shocked as she saw a girl coming towards them who seemed to a year younger than she was. Has she heared anything?, was the first thought of Alexandra. As Lilac called her Miss Spyridon, Alexandra thought that this person has to be at least a teacher, because no normal student would call an older kid Miss. "Hello Miss Spyridon. My name is Alexandra Wolfar. I have just arrived.", she said. It was strange for her to call this kid Miss, also because she did not knew her name.
Alexandra Ghostly

Back to top Go down

Post  Tien Spyridon on Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:31 pm

Tien smiled, hiding her suspicion behind a mask on polite interest. The girl definitely smelled of ghost. "I'm Tien Spyridon, assistant Headmistress." She gestured with her fan -- the symbol for Formal Pleasantry, not that they knew that -- and bowed slightly. "You are a student?"
Tien Spyridon
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilac Woods on Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:54 pm

((Oh hey, Alex you kinda posted this in the wrong place. Your Letters was somewhere you post to show your reaction when you get the letter. But yeah, whatever XD))
Lilac Woods
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

http://ghosthunters.lightbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandra Ghostly on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:46 pm

((I know that I have not posted the letter like you have expected it. But I have thought it would be funny to have it at my post and being not with the family at the same time. And sorry Lacey that I let you out right now, but because nobody talkes to you right now, I have thought it would not be too worse when I post right now.))

Alexandra looked at the assistant Headmistress. She had not thought that this girl could be in such an position. But she did not showed how confused she was. "Yes, madame. And Lacey had helped me right now that I do not feel so nervous anymore. Thank you, Lacey.", Alexandra said. At the last sentences she looked at the cat-girl and in her eyes you could see how thankfully she really was. "The building looks really nice.", she said, only to say anything. The girl did not felt well at this moment. She would have liked to talk more with Lacey. It was good to have somebody who know ones secret.
Alexandra Ghostly

Back to top Go down

Post  Tien Spyridon on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:50 pm

Tien spread out her fan, the wide part pointing toward the girl. "So, Miss Wolfar. Have you had any contact with ghosts before coming here?"
Tien Spyridon
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandra Ghostly on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:55 pm

Alexandra was really shocked. Could she know who I am? Or does she ask that every new student?, she asked herself. She looked with big eyes at the fan, then shook her head slowly. "Not that I know. Why?", she asked. It was not actually a liar. She had no contact with OTHER ghosts. And Tien had not asked if she herself was a ghost.
Alexandra Ghostly

Back to top Go down

Post  Tien Spyridon on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:06 pm

Tien smiled, showing rather sharp teeth, and closed the fan with a snap. "Then do tell, Miss Wolfar, why do you reek of ghostly essence?" She was enjoying this, this semblance of peace before the pounce. If this girl was a ghost, or if she fraternized with them, she would kill her immediately.
((Gah, she's scarier than I meant her to be, >.<))
Tien Spyridon
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandra Ghostly on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:10 pm

Alexandra swallowed a little bit. She really feared herself. She looked at Lacey, hoping that the girl could help her a little bit. Now she had to lie, and she knew that. How can she smell that?, she asked herself. "I...I do not really know what you mean.", Alexndra said. Please, do not change right now., she told herself, hoping it would work. But she was not lucky enough. Her hand suddenly disappeared, and she hid it behind her back, hoping that Tien had not seen it.
Alexandra Ghostly

Back to top Go down

Post  Tien Spyridon on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:15 pm

Tien saw the hand disappear. She carefully blanked out her shock. The girl could switch between humanity and ghosthood? "Miss Wolfar, I think you'd better explain what's going on right now. Before that hand of yours triggers the ghost trap in the wall behind you."
Tien Spyridon
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandra Ghostly on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:21 pm

Alexandra swallowed really hard this time. "You really have ghost traps in your walls?", she asked first. When it was really true, then she had been lucky one time. She did not liked to try it again. She got her hand away from her back again, seeing that it changed back to normal again. Has my luck really left me right now?, she asked herself. Then she looked at Tien. "What will you do when I tell you the whole truth? Kill me? Because if you want to do that, why do you don´t kill me right now?", she asked. Alexandra knew it was not wise, but she wanted to hold back her secret as long as she could. She had managed it for an month that nobody knew what she really was. And now first Lacey and soon Tien knew the truth. It was really not her day.
Alexandra Ghostly

Back to top Go down

Post  Tien Spyridon on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:26 pm

"It depends," Tien said, shrugging noncommittally. "If you're dead, and just masquerading, then I'll send you back to death. if you're a living girl, then...obviously you'll need training."
Tien Spyridon
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandra Ghostly on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:32 pm

Alexandra breathed in and then was ready to answer. "What do you do when I am both?", she asked. "Because I am both, death and living. I am half ghost, half girl.", she said to Tien. Then she closed her eyes, waiting what would happen to her. "Whatever you want to do right now, do it fast, please.", she said to the assistant head mistress. Somehow she did not feared the death. She thought it was because she had died once. She did not knew what would happen if she died again, if her ghost part would still be in the world or if she vanished completely. She did not really cared right now. She wanted to show that she would face anything that would happen. But somehow she still feared herself a little bit. Her human part was not completely ready.
Alexandra Ghostly

Back to top Go down

Post  Tien Spyridon on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:41 pm

Tien's eyebrows shot up and she swore softly. "Half-ghost, half-human?" She was silent for a long moment, then sighed and swore again. "I suppose Lilac knows what she's doing. Stop cowering, child, I won't hurt you. Not unless you give me cause." She produced a pocket watch, glaced at it and gasped. "Oh no, I've got to go get the Feast set up. Goodbye for now." She took off across the courtyard.
Tien Spyridon
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandra Ghostly on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:48 pm

Alexandra was really glad that Tien did not killed her. But she also knew that the girl had some problems with that. She opened her eyes just the moment Tien began to ran away. Then she looked at Lacey. "It was not so bad as I have thought first.", she said to the girl, smiling. Now she really felt the whole fear. She tried to calm herself down fast. "I wonder what will happen if Miss Spyridon finds out that Lilac might not know that I am a half-ghost.", she said. Alexandra would be really shocked if Lilac knew that by now.
Alexandra Ghostly

Back to top Go down

Post  Tien Spyridon on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:49 pm

((I'm going to start the Welcoming Feast thread...somewhere. I'll post it when it gets up.))
Tien Spyridon
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Tien Spyridon on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:02 am

((And here it is ))
Tien Spyridon
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Lacey Grey on Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:01 pm

Lacey relaxed from her defencive crouch when Miss Spyridon left. She had been about to jump in front of Alex or something. She looked quizzically at Alex, she looked a little shaky. "She probably already knows. Plus the headmistress is a full ghost, she will probably understand you the most out of anyone else here." Lacey said comfortingly. "So are you going to the feast?" Lacey asked, trying to change the subject. She was curious for the details of Alexandra's powers, but she didn't want to be rude and start asking questions, it was hard enough for Alex to say flat out that she was half human half ghost, so Lacey figured she would wait.

((I apologise for it taking so long for me to get this post up))
Lacey Grey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down